over 3 years ago
I am truly honored to have been selected as the new Principal at Yucaipa High School. As an alumnus, parent, and lifelong resident of Yucaipa, returning to YHS is an exciting opportunity.
I am deeply committed to making a positive difference in the lives of your students. We will accomplish this by setting rigorous academic expectations for all students and providing an environment to assure they are met.
Starting with an already successful school culture, setting high standards for our own performance, increasing academic expectations through implementation of Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for all students, and engaging the community, it is our goal that every Yucaipa High School graduate is college and/or career ready. Yucaipa High School will continue maintaining high academic and citizenship expectations for our students. Our students will continue to be expected to perform in the classroom, participate in co-curricular activities and display responsible citizenship at school and in the community. I am asking each student to make a commitment to having Thunderbird PRIDE (Personal Responsibility In Daily Efforts) by being active participants in his/her learning and acting responsibly as an individual within our learning community. Doing so will enable all to have a successful and enjoyable school year. High school is a time for growth and endless opportunities. It is an exciting time, but it can also be challenging with the increase in workloads and the social adjustment of being on a larger campus with additional activities. Students, I encourage you to do the following so you can be successful during your time at YHS:
- Contribute to our school community in a collaborative, respectful manner. Get involved!
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and challenge yourself to find solutions.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Communicate with others in a respectful and meaningful way.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness.
Parents, please make time to:
- Ask your student(s) specific questions about their day at school.
- Use the Aeries.Net Parent Portal early and often. The Parent Portal will give you important information regarding your child’s performance, attendance, demographic information and school activities.
- Communicate with your child’s teachers and staff members to establish a successful home/school connection.
- Encourage your student(s) to get involved with one of the many clubs, activities and/or athletic teams.
We are looking forward to a positive, upbeat school year at YHS. I encourage all students to take pride in your school, stand up to bullying of any kind, and to avoid anything you know is not right. Remind yourself that you do not have to follow the crowd. Be yourself, and even when no one is watching, do the right thing. Parents, please help us by reinforcing school expectations at home. With your help, YHS will continue to be a school community in which every person feels respected, valued, and is encouraged and challenged to achieve at the highest levels.
Our commitment at Yucaipa High School is to provide a safe, positive, rigorous learning environment that will empower students to become creative problem solvers, critical thinkers, and inspired learners prepared for college, careers, and life in the twenty-first century.
Let’s make this a year filled with passion, purpose, and positive memories!